Friday, April 29, 2011

Where Kelcie's From.

I'm from Tamara Boutin,
"Were you raised in a barn?"
Johnny Cash, and bonfires,
from family get togethers,
lots of hamburgers and hotdogs.
Im from Vermont,
and New Hampshire.

I'm from bagels and creamcheese,
divorced parents, and 5 brothers and sisters.
 from climbing trees,
"Always tuck in your toes before you go to bed."
"Dont talk to strangers." and
many colorful hoodies.

I'm from tide detergent, Scooby Doo,
and Spongebob.
 From life jackets, playing in the sand, docks,
"Even though your mad at me, I still love you."
Mountain lakes, Macarroni, and every Tim Mcgraw song out there.

5 comments:

  1. I really like your poem Kelcie. I could picture you as a kid with all these different things. I wonder what it'll be like if you used maybe some different words that make your poem bigger and better than it already is :) I wish I could have read more about your life as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very good Kelcie! I loved how you used things like SpongeBob and Scooby Doo. Those things a lot of kids are from, my self one of them. I loved the different things you used to describe where you're from. All in all, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of growing up in Vermont. I like that you mentioned things that I could relate to and even put I am from divorce in there not just the good things your from. I wonder what would happen if you added more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like you poem it was really nice :). i like how we both used tide in our poems. I wish that it would have been longer so that i could get a better grip from where you are from. I wonder what it would have done for the poem if you were a little more descriptive but i really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this, it really described how you grew up. I wonder what it would be like if you had described some of the stanzas more. I wish it could have been longer.

    ReplyDelete